Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Confederate Medallion by Olde Texas

Confederate Medallion by Olde Texas 27 May 2013 22:05 #545

• Coin Magnet
  • Administrator
  • Keep Your Coil To The Soil
  • Thank you received: 7
The Battle of Sabine Pass was one of the few Civil War Battles that took place in Texas! To celebrate the Confederate's Victory, Silver Medallion's made from Mexican Silver Peso's were given to all the survivors! Only about 62 or so was made! So this is a very valuable and rare Conferderate Coin/Medallion! Well a friend of mine found one and I heard about it thru the grapevine! I saw him in the Chuckwagon line waiting for lunch at one of our local treasure hunts! I asked him about this find and get this he pulls it out of his wallet! I was astonished because at the time it was worth at least $10,000.00 dollars. It was a very beautiful and one in a lifetime type find! Later in the year he sent it to a big auction house in New York City and gets $10,500.00 for it! Needless to say it was the most valuable coin/medallion that I ever saw that came out of a wallet!.........HH.................Joe
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Confederate Medallion by Olde Texas 27 May 2013 23:26 #560

• Au Ranger
Update....I read that the same medallion was auctioned off again.....this time it got $44,000.00 dollars and this was at least a few years ago...

Confederate Medallion by Au Ranger 26 Mar 2016 16:41 #1457

• Au Ranger
....If you google Confederate Medallion...my original post will come up..... also some articles concerning the Stack's sale of the Confederate Medallion!