Home   Forums   Coin Prices   Gold & Silver Markets   Gold Weight Value Chart   Gear    Advertising   

Recent finds made by Coinhunting.Net Members.

Click HERE to register at Coinhunting.Net for access to our Members Only forums:

Members Forum, New Members Forum, Potential Coin Hunting Sites & Metal Detector Technology Forum.

Include your name, city, state and username preference.

(check your spam email folder for the confirmation email)

For the best price on your scrap gold and silver check out M&M Gold Exchange!

See what your finds are worth on eBay today. Click here.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Brinks Armored Car by Locator Larry

Brinks Armored Car by Locator Larry 27 May 2013 22:21 #548

• Coin Magnet
  • Administrator
  • Keep Your Coil To The Soil
  • Thank you received: 7
Here's one that I think you'll enjoy. My grandfather worked for Brinks Armored Car for 30 yrs. From 1943-1973 he told me stories about riding around town (Indianapolis) taking a nap on a million dollars. As a boy growing up I thought that was neat. He also told me a story when I was about sixteen, about how he would go to the depository downtown and pick up money that had come from the Federal Reserve. Some of this money was in the form of silver dollars in burlap bags. Here's the key to this story-he said he knew when he had Carson City silver dollars. They had laid in the federal reserve so long the burlap bags were dryrotted. So they double burlaped them. He said he could tell the difference in the burlap. When he would drop these bags off at the banks. He would tell the branch manger that he would like to buy ten or twenty dollars out of the bags. After years of doing this he had some nice Carson city silver dollars. My grandfather passed away in 2003 at the age of 92 he is missed. Hope you have enjoyed. Larry
The administrator has disabled public write access.