Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: YELLOW DUST............................. by Olde Texas

YELLOW DUST..........................​... by Olde Texas 27 May 2013 22:22 #549

• Coin Magnet
  • Administrator
  • Keep Your Coil To The Soil
  • Thank you received: 7
...........I'm a 3rd generation Treasure Hunter.............going at least back to my Grandpa who died years before I was born! THIS ONE OF THOSE FAMILY STORIES HANDED DOWN GENERATION AFTER GENERATION.................The story goes that my dad use to accompany his dad on various treasure hunts back when he was a kid either during the DEPRESSION OR A FEW YEARS BEFORE!!........This is before the invention of the metal detector ......Gramps used either a SEARS AND ROEBUCK ordered dowsing rod or a homemade version!......... According to Dad ..........they dug a lot of large empty holes............on one such occassion ..........they dug a pretty deep hole and hit a vein of yellow type ore/or dust type material..........not having any knowledge of minerals or valuable metals they just threw it to the side of the hole and JUST VIEWED IT AS WORTHLESS!! About 20 years later my dad encounters an old propector who showed my dad a bag of gold nuggets and gold dust.............MY DAD WAS ALMOST FLOORED THE GOLD DUST IS WHAT MY DAD AND GRANDPA HAD FOUND THOSE MANY YEARS AGO AND JUST LEFT IT ON TOP OF THE GROUND!!.............THE MORAL OF THIS STORY IF IT HAS ONE .............IS NOT TO LEAVE ANYTHING BEHIND especially if you view it to be valuable-less.............I would rather tote home a lot of junk that always wonder what I left behind!!.................Of course, some objects are too big or not that easy to cart home............in that case I will cover it up and try to figure out what and how to retrieve it!!............I have another story concerning submerged large unmovable objects if anyone is interested??......................JOE
The administrator has disabled public write access.