Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: First Gold of 2013

First Gold of 2013 14 Apr 2013 15:46 #410

• Iowa Hawkeye
  • Thank you received: 3
Had a chance to hunt on one of my farms in Iowa two weeks ago while the weather was nice. I have always wanted to hunt under the cloths line that sits west of the old house where my dad and his 10 brother and sisters were born and raised in. This old farm has been in our family for over 100 years and is now my responsibility to pass it on to my boys. I could only imagine how many loads of wash was hung on that old cloths line when I first started my hunt. I expected to find many old coins under those rusty lines. To my surprise the first thing I dug up with this eagle pendant. On the back of the pendant it reads "925 sterling FM 10K Eagle".

I am not sure if it is some kind of war item or just some jewelry. Do any of you know and could shed some light on it for me.

To my surprise I did not find any old coins, but just some clad. I can't wait to go back and see what else lies buried on that old farm.,

DSCN10871.JPG

DSCN10851.JPG
Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
Last Edit: 14 Apr 2013 20:08 by Coin Magnet.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

First Gold of 2013 15 Apr 2013 21:34 #419

• Coin Magnet
  • Administrator
  • Keep Your Coil To The Soil
  • Thank you received: 7
What a great find! I'll bet that was some type of military pin. It might take some research to find out exactly which kind.

First Gold of 2013 18 Apr 2013 10:35 #425

• Rottonr
  • Expert Member
  • Thank you received: 2
That is a great looking pin, very classy looking. Must be for a military officer i would think.

First Gold of 2013 17 May 2013 01:19 #494

• Iowa Hawkeye
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks for your notes, I am still trying to find out what it is. If anyone has a clue, please let me know. Thanks!
Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.