Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Camel Button ID

Camel Button ID 16 Apr 2013 09:01 #420

• dirtdigger1581
  • Thank you received: 1
Got a chance to get out for a bit yesterday and came across this interesting button. It shows a camel with palm trees and a pyramid in the background. I found it in an area that produced a couple civil war mini balls and one eagle general service two piece button. I've never seen a button like this before. I'd guess it's a variation of a civilian flat button, as it's a one piece button. There are no marks on the back to help identify it, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help, and hope I can get an ID!

Happy Hunting!

-Nate

15Ap13-Camel_button.jpg
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Camel Button ID 17 Apr 2013 18:41 #421

• ironsight
  • Expert Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Cool find!

Could be the way it was worn, lighting or something, but it sure looks like that there camel is expecting!
LOL!

Camel Button ID 17 Apr 2013 18:59 #423

• dirtdigger1581
ironsight wrote:
Cool find!

Could be the way it was worn, lighting or something, but it sure looks like that there camel is expecting!
LOL!

Good observation...I hadn't even noticed that. I was more concerned initially with trying to figure out what it was. Could be a baby camel on the way. :woohoo:

Camel Button ID 18 Apr 2013 10:38 #426

• Rottonr
  • Expert Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Neat looking button. I don't know much about buttons, is a 1 piece design the old design?

Camel Button ID 19 Apr 2013 15:56 #432

• dirtdigger1581
Rottonr wrote:
Neat looking button. I don't know much about buttons, is a 1 piece design the old design?

Well, through the help of others I was able to determine that this button is considered to be a Victorian Picture buton. They were made during the Victorian era(1880s-early 1900's). It is a one piece button, and a first of that style for me. Thanks for looking!