Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 05/21 - GOLD!!!

05/21 - GOLD!!! 21 May 2013 20:36 #507

• dirtdigger1581
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm on a bit of roll this last week. I've found a couple nice relics in the dirt lately, and today I added to that luck on the beach. Spent 5 hours on the beach today, and I've got the burn to show for it. No pic of that, but I will provide a pic of the beautiful women's ring I found. Dug this little thing outta the wet sand about three scoops down. Looks like an emerald cut Sapphire main stone with diamond chips to surround it. Couldn't test them due to their small size, but they look legit. The ring is 3.37g of 10k beauty! I hope this lucky streak lasts forever!

Happy Hunting!

-Nate

05-21-13_10K_Ring.jpg
The administrator has disabled public write access.

05/21 - GOLD!!! 21 May 2013 21:59 #509

• Coin Magnet
  • Administrator
  • Keep Your Coil To The Soil
  • Thank you received: 7
WHOA what a nice looking ring! VERY purdy! :cheer:

05/21 - GOLD!!! 22 May 2013 19:40 #511

• ironsight
  • Expert Member
  • Thank you received: 4
One nice ring!
Fresh lost?
Is that how you found it or did you have it cleaned?

05/21 - GOLD!!! 22 May 2013 20:55 #514

• dirtdigger1581
ironsight wrote:
One nice ring!
Fresh lost?
Is that how you found it or did you have it cleaned?

Thanks Ironsight. Not sure how long ago the ring was lost. Could've been a fresh drop as the beach is getting more crowded every day with nicer weather. But it also could've been in the water/sand for a while. There is a small chip missing on the end of one of the diamond rows so I'm thinking it's been in the water for a little while at least. As for its condition - The nice thing about gold is that it doesn't tarnish over time, so most rings come out of the ground looking good like that. All I had to do was rinse it off with water and a light brush to remove the sand in the stones area. Thanks for looking, and hoping you find yours soon!

05/21 - GOLD!!! 23 May 2013 06:59 #519

• Rottonr
  • Expert Member
  • Thank you received: 2
What a awsume find, love that ring.

Are you on a coast?

05/21 - GOLD!!! 23 May 2013 09:10 #520

• dirtdigger1581
Rottonr wrote:

Are you on a coast?

Rottonr - Thanks for looking. To answer your question, I live about 30 west of Virginia Beach, VA. The Air Force did me a favor and put me in a history hotbed for metal detectorists, and a summer tourist location for summer months gold hunting at the beach. The assignment isn't always great at work, but the off duty time to hunt is awesome!

05/21 - GOLD!!! 29 May 2013 06:36 #566

• Rottonr
  • Expert Member
  • Thank you received: 2
dirtdigger1581 wrote:
Rottonr wrote:

Are you on a coast?

Rottonr - Thanks for looking. To answer your question, I live about 30 west of Virginia Beach, VA. The Air Force did me a favor and put me in a history hotbed for metal detectorists, and a summer tourist location for summer months gold hunting at the beach. The assignment isn't always great at work, but the off duty time to hunt is awesome!

First, Thank you for your service to our country. Second, I have heard that beach is busy busy busy, I bet you will find tons more gold!!!

05/21 - GOLD!!! 29 May 2013 19:58 #568

• dirtdigger1581
Rottonr wrote:
dirtdigger1581 wrote:
Rottonr wrote:

Are you on a coast?

First, Thank you for your service to our country. Second, I have heard that beach is busy busy busy, I bet you will find tons more gold!!!

You're welcome for the service. It's a proud family tradition that I'm happy to continue. As for the beach, yes, it's very busy during the summer. The boardwalk beachfront runs from 1st street to 40th street; approx 2.5 miles. During the summer there are literally thousands of people out there. I've been detecting in the water and barely had room to swing around all the swimmers. Not ideal conditions, which is why I tend to hunt the early morning or later evening or nighttime low tides. There is a lot of competition out there though. Locals and vacationers all have the same idea of picking up recently lost items and hopes of a quick cash in. There are plenty of people out there potentially dropping items, but I've walked away many times without a piece of good jewelry to show for it. I love it though, and even if I don't find the gold or silver, I value the fresh air and scenery.