Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Gold, silver, wheats, 1 Indian and clad weekend.

Gold, silver, wheats, 1 Indian and clad weekend. 10 Jun 2013 13:49 #586

• Rottonr
  • Expert Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Had a great time camping with my wife and granddaughter at a kid set up camp grounds. My wife and granddaughter left early in the morning and I followed up later with the pop-up camper, can't set up the camper until after 2:00 so on the way up I hit a park I have been to a couple of times in the past. This park is big and old and gives up just enough treasure to make you want to come back, this is where I found the 2 wheats (one of them is a nice 1912) and the 1905 Indian penny and very little clad. The rest of the clad in the pile on the bottom of the pic is from the camp grounds I went quarter sniping at in the mornings before the rest of the camper woke up.

The jewelry and pile of clad on the top of the first pic are beach finds. The pic with just a few pieces of jewelry are the good stuff, gold and silver and the last pic is of just the 14k gold.

Jcamping06-8-2013059.JPG

Jcamping06-8-2013060.JPG

Jcamping06-8-2013061.JPG

Jcamping06-8-2013063.JPG

Jcamping06-8-2013064.JPG

Jcamping06-8-2013065.JPG

Jcamping06-8-2013066.JPG
Last Edit: 13 Jun 2013 21:57 by Coin Magnet.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Gold, silver, wheats, 1 Indian and clad weekend. 12 Jun 2013 17:21 #587

• ironsight
  • Expert Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Some nice beach jewelry! ;) Nice Indian too.

The park silver has just about dried up around here. Getting real tired of digging up clads.
Gonna have to travel out further for some fresh grounds. With gas well over $4 here, i'll have to wait for it comes down a little. :(

Gold, silver, wheats, 1 Indian and clad weekend. 13 Jun 2013 06:34 #588

• Rottonr
  • Expert Member
  • Thank you received: 2
ironsight wrote:
Some nice beach jewelry! ;) Nice Indian too.

The park silver has just about dried up around here. Getting real tired of digging up clads.
Gonna have to travel out further for some fresh grounds. With gas well over $4 here, i'll have to wait for it comes down a little. :(

Thanks, I am very happy with a little of everything.

I know what you mean on both points, I have hunted out to my ability all the places I know of to hunt locally and a few towns around me. And at $3.99 a gallon here my camping trips would not have happen if the reservations were not made so far in advance. Expecially with having to take 2 weeks unpaid furloghs were I work. Oh well, live is still fantastic!!! :)

Gold, silver, wheats, 1 Indian and clad weekend. 13 Jun 2013 22:00 #589

• Coin Magnet
  • Administrator
  • Keep Your Coil To The Soil
  • Thank you received: 7
Lots of neat finds! I love those big old parks. From looking at that Indian I'll bet there have been some awesome coins found there!