Home   Forums   Coin Prices   Gold & Silver Markets   Gold Weight Value Chart   Gear    Advertising   

Recent finds made by Coinhunting.Net Members.

Click HERE to register at Coinhunting.Net for access to our Members Only forums:

Members Forum, New Members Forum, Potential Coin Hunting Sites & Metal Detector Technology Forum.

Include your name, city, state and username preference.

(check your spam email folder for the confirmation email)

For the best price on your scrap gold and silver check out M&M Gold Exchange!

See what your finds are worth on eBay today. Click here.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Easter Hunt - Barbers Instead of Eggs

Easter Hunt - Barbers Instead of Eggs 21 Apr 2014 21:29 #1259

• Patrick
Prior to Sunday, I had only been out 3 times this year. Decided to take advantage of the nice weather on Sunday late afternoon after holiday activities. Went to a park for about 2 hours and it was slow with just 5 or 6 wheaties. Decided to stop at another park on the way home. Its a place that has really been pounded but thought I would give it a shot.

The short grass this time of year and the amount of moisture in the soil must have made for ideal hunting conditions because the signals were coming in real good. My first target I decided to dig was a deep nice bouncy high tone that turned out to be a crisp 1907 Barber. 2 hours later as darkness approached I had found 4 Barbers - 1898, 1898O, 1901 and 1907, a 1918s Merc, 2 Indians and 8 wheaties. I couldn't believe it. This place has really been hunted hard in the last 5 years by etracs including myself and I have never had a day like this at this spot, let alone just 2 hours of hunting. Cant explain it. I know the frost can move stuff around but this was crazy. Its been a long time since I found 4 barbers in one day at a park.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Easter Hunt - Barbers Instead of Eggs 21 Apr 2014 22:23 #1260

• bwade225
Good job. Looks like you had a great day

Easter Hunt - Barbers Instead of Eggs 21 Apr 2014 23:30 #1261

• Coin Magnet
  • Administrator
  • Keep Your Coil To The Soil
  • Thank you received: 7
Wow how NICE!!! That 07 is SWEET!! I love those park found coins. Looks like it's going to be a great year for detecting! Congratulations Pat! How did you do in England?

Easter Hunt - Barbers Instead of Eggs 23 Apr 2014 10:01 #1268

• Rottonr
  • Expert Member
  • Thank you received: 2
WTG Patric!!!!! :woohoo: Keith is correct that 07 is Awsume!!! (wish they all came out looking that good!!!!)

Easter Hunt - Barbers Instead of Eggs 23 Apr 2014 22:14 #1272

• Iowa Hawkeye
  • Thank you received: 3
Pat, nice job! I wonder as well, you mentioned the frost. This past winter was one of the coldest in a long time, I wonder if the frost we down so deep we are seeing coins that were buried deep and got pushed up this spring?
Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.