Home   Forums   Coin Prices   Gold & Silver Markets   Gold Weight Value Chart   Gear    Advertising   

Recent finds made by Coinhunting.Net Members.

Click HERE to register at Coinhunting.Net for access to our Members Only forums:

Members Forum, New Members Forum, Potential Coin Hunting Sites & Metal Detector Technology Forum.

Include your name, city, state and username preference.

(check your spam email folder for the confirmation email)

For the best price on your scrap gold and silver check out M&M Gold Exchange!

See what your finds are worth on eBay today. Click here.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: First Etrac Finds

First Etrac Finds 03 Jul 2014 10:11 #1344

• Mark
I hunted a yard that dated to the late 1800's with my new Etrac and came up with 6 wheats, 1923, 193? D (can't read the last number), 1940 S, 1945, 1945 D, and a 1946. The Merc is 1916, unfortunately no D mint mark.

10516817_4366032805696_5097709806231099196_n.jpg
Last Edit: 03 Jul 2014 10:12 by Mark.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

First Etrac Finds 03 Jul 2014 10:21 #1345

• Coin Magnet
  • Administrator
  • Keep Your Coil To The Soil
  • Thank you received: 7
Great first hunt Mark! Did you use the factory settings or a custom setup?

First Etrac Finds 03 Jul 2014 10:32 #1346

• Mark
Keith, I tried to set it up as close to the XS as possible. I know there are some major differences between the two machines. I kind of started out with Andy Sabisch's coin pattern and tweaked the settings a bit. All of the wheats were at least 6" deep and the dime was about 8-9". What I liked about the XS was when you pinpointed a coin, it would make a sound that let me know it was a coin. Kind of a stutter sound. So far with the Etrac, even the dime was loud on pinpoint. Anyway to get it sound like an XS? Thanks!

First Etrac Finds 08 Jul 2014 12:30 #1348

• Rottonr
  • Expert Member
  • Thank you received: 2
WTG Mark!!! After about a hundred hours on your E-trac go boack there and see what else is hiding.

First Etrac Finds 08 Jul 2014 21:54 #1352

• Coin Magnet
  • Administrator
  • Keep Your Coil To The Soil
  • Thank you received: 7
Mark wrote:
Keith, I tried to set it up as close to the XS as possible. I know there are some major differences between the two machines. I kind of started out with Andy Sabisch's coin pattern and tweaked the settings a bit. All of the wheats were at least 6" deep and the dime was about 8-9". What I liked about the XS was when you pinpointed a coin, it would make a sound that let me know it was a coin. Kind of a stutter sound. So far with the Etrac, even the dime was loud on pinpoint. Anyway to get it sound like an XS? Thanks!

I know what you are talking about on the XS. I haven't tried to get the eTrac to do that. I like the loud signal then I look at the depth meter if I'm hunting a yard or a park. In the fields I dig it all. :whistle: