Home   Forums   Coin Prices   Gold & Silver Markets   Gold Weight Value Chart   Gear    Advertising   

Recent finds made by Coinhunting.Net Members.

Click HERE to register at Coinhunting.Net for access to our Members Only forums:

Members Forum, New Members Forum, Potential Coin Hunting Sites & Metal Detector Technology Forum.

Include your name, city, state and username preference.

(check your spam email folder for the confirmation email)

For the best price on your scrap gold and silver check out M&M Gold Exchange!

See what your finds are worth on eBay today. Click here.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Today's Finds

Today's Finds 03 Nov 2014 22:48 #1387

• Coin Magnet
  • Administrator
  • Keep Your Coil To The Soil
  • Thank you received: 7
Jr and I had the day off so we went detecting at a couple of old fairgrounds. One was new to us and the other one was the Virgin Fairgrounds #2 from a few years back.

The first one dates back to at least 1875 but has had development take out 80% of the grounds and what is left is basically a play field for a school that was built in the 60s. The school has since been abandoned but there are still plenty of clad to be found even at depths of 8 inches unfortunately.

Jr scored first with an 1881 Indian then I came up with a 1902 Indian. Later Jr found an 1889 Indian. I ended up with 8 pieces of clad too. We decided to leave but come back and hunt some more later. There should be a couple of pieces of silver still there.

We only had a couple of hours of daylight left to hunt the old virgin Fairground but it was enough to pull out a few goodies! First I found an 1865 nickel three cent and followed it up with an 1858 flying eagle cent! Then Jr got a sweet deep signal that turned out to be an 1865 two cent. I followed that up with a nice deep high tone that I thought for sure was going to be a silver quarter but it ended up being a Bruce Civil War Token instead! My first one of that type. After that Jr got a shield nickel and a three ringer civil war bullet.

In all a pretty good day even if we didn't find any silver. I enjoyed getting out in the nice 62 degrees Indian Summer weather hunting with Austin.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Today's Finds 04 Nov 2014 20:34 #1389

• Coin Magnet
  • Administrator
  • Keep Your Coil To The Soil
  • Thank you received: 7
Well the Flying Eagle turned out to be an 1859 Indian after I got the crud off of it!

Today's Finds 05 Dec 2014 10:37 #1394

• Rottonr
  • Expert Member
  • Thank you received: 2
What a great day, father son and treasure. WTG!!!!

ps. needs pics