Home   Forums   Coin Prices   Gold & Silver Markets   Gold Weight Value Chart   Gear    Advertising   

Recent finds made by Coinhunting.Net Members.

Click HERE to register at Coinhunting.Net for access to our Members Only forums:

Members Forum, New Members Forum, Potential Coin Hunting Sites & Metal Detector Technology Forum.

Include your name, city, state and username preference.

(check your spam email folder for the confirmation email)

For the best price on your scrap gold and silver check out M&M Gold Exchange!

See what your finds are worth on eBay today. Click here.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Snagged A Good One At The End Of The Hunt!

Snagged A Good One At The End Of The Hunt! 08 Jul 2015 06:46 #1427

• Coin Magnet
  • Administrator
  • Keep Your Coil To The Soil
  • Thank you received: 7
I headed out to the local park to hunt the area where they had carnivals back in the 1920s to see if I could find a deep silver after all of the recent rain we have had. The place has been pounded over the years by me and everyone else in the area who has had a detector and lots of really nice old coins have been found.

Jr has had some great finds though out there in the last year with his old Explorer he got from Lee so I was hoping to find at least one good one.

After about an hour and a half of swinging and only digging three deep targets that turned out to be trash (I passed up several shallow clad coins) I decided to move to an area I've never really hunted that much. It was pull tab city in the first spot I tried and I got no deep coin signals at all which was odd. I did pass up a couple of clad pennies. Finally I got a 4 inch quarter hit and dug it up. It was a clad quarter. Not what I was hoping for but at least it was a quarter. By then it was getting about dark (9:30) so I headed towards the car. I wasn't getting any signals at all then about 50 feet from the car I got a nice high tone hit that read quarter on the e-trac! Low and behold I dig down about 6 or 7 inches and out comes this beauty! I put the plug back, shut the detector off and headed straight for the car. I held it in my hand in the dirt clod until I got home to clean it off.

Guess where I will be going first thing this morning! ;-)

Quarter1914P070715.jpg
Last Edit: 08 Jul 2015 06:47 by Coin Magnet.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Snagged A Good One At The End Of The Hunt! 12 Jul 2015 11:11 #1428

• Coin Magnet
  • Administrator
Went back and gridded the spot. Found two coins. Both showed quarter on the e-trac! The first one was 7 inches down or so and ended up being a 1977 Memorial Cent :-{ and the other was 5 inches down in sand and was a clad quarter. I may go back again and hit the same spot from a 90 degree off perspective. Should be at least one more oldie there!

Snagged A Good One At The End Of The Hunt! 23 Aug 2015 22:03 #1429

• Iowa Hawkeye
  • Thank you received: 3
Hey Keith

Knowing you, you'll be back there more than once. Hope you are having a good summer, keep swinging.
Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.

Snagged A Good One At The End Of The Hunt! 22 Nov 2015 00:14 #1430

• Coin Magnet
  • Administrator
It's been a great year for metal detecting! I've been offline most of the year but will son be back with plenty of photos and stories.

Snagged A Good One At The End Of The Hunt! 22 Nov 2015 20:46 #1431

• Iowa Hawkeye
  • Thank you received: 3
Hey Keith, been a long time since I have been on. Looking forward getting back into the swing of things here in Omaha
Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.