Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: FACT/SCIENCE FICTION?? by Olde Texas

FACT/SCIENCE FICTION?? by Olde Texas 27 May 2013 22:25 #552

• Coin Magnet
  • Administrator
  • Keep Your Coil To The Soil
  • Thank you received: 7
..........Heard this story a few years back at my local metal detector dealer!! Not sure on how much is true/ or how much is SCIENCE FICTION!!.................Back in the mid to late 1980's.....my dealer was doing a lot of renting detectors to his customers!!.........One particular customer said that he liked going to a particular NATIONAL/STATE HISTORICAL site/PARK..............Of course, my dealer said that you can't hunt there ........it is against the law!!..........Anyway you wouldn't get very far before they confiscate your detector! The customer said no problem.............I just go in very bad weather and have never been disturbed!!........Well according to the story, the law finally caught up to our Misfit Treasure Hunter...........the Customer had just dug up a $20 dollar gold piece when out of the corner of his eye....he saw a State/Federal Ranger approaching him!! Knowing that everything was fixing to be confiscated.......he threw the $20.00 gold piece as far as he could!! The story ended there.........not sure what else happened .........Did he go to jail?? Lose his rented detector??..........Did the Ranger find the $20 gold piece??........Of course there are a lot of holes in this story.........so maybe my dealer was just trying to amuse me??!!.....LOL....JOE
The administrator has disabled public write access.