Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Old Fairground What's Its

Old Fairground What's Its 09 Sep 2013 22:43 #858

• Coin Magnet
  • Administrator
  • Keep Your Coil To The Soil
  • Thank you received: 7
Here are the rest of the finds from Saturday at the old fairground woods.

I thought I had a makeup case complete but it turned out I only had half of it. Maybe there will be one come out this weekend.

Any guess on what some of this bigger stuff is and how old it is?

Jr though the price that looks like a handle was the top end of a walking cane. Could be!

IMG_0291.JPG
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Old Fairground What's Its 11 Sep 2013 10:10 #864

• ironsight
  • Expert Member
  • Thank you received: 4
How far back do these old Fairgrounds go?

Notice no pulltabs! :)
I've never been fortunate enough to hunt one of these old now a corn field fairgrounds. I'd think there be little to no pulltabs just bottle caps.

I don't think a walking cane would of had an iron shaft, it'd be too heavy, unless it also doubled as a weapon. :huh: I'd guess its off some kind of old farm equipment, car or truck... maybe the handle from the emergency brake?

The two objects just to the right of it are interesting. At first glance from the pic, the object with the funnel top doesn't look too old, what kind of metal is it made out of?
The other looks like its the feed mechanism from an old cap gun(whatever happened to those old cap guns?)

Old Fairground What's Its 11 Sep 2013 11:53 #866

• Coin Magnet
  • Administrator
I first thought the "walking cane" piece was a step for a buggy maybe. I think the next piece IS old. I tumbled all of these together for about an hour using hot water, soap and small ceramic triangle media. I thought it was a lantern piece at first. Very odd for sure. The next item may have been a ticket dispenser? It's too large for a cap gun I think.
Last Edit: 11 Sep 2013 11:55 by Coin Magnet.

Old Fairground What's Its 11 Sep 2013 12:29 #867

• Coin Magnet
  • Administrator
I almost forgot. I did find TWO pull tabs and several other pieces of aluminum trash. Also there are metal pie tins all over the place. I just knocked them out of the way with my coil.

Old Fairground What's Its 13 Sep 2013 13:33 #875

• JERRY8061
I would guess Not a walking Cain its the door handle of model A or model T car thermostat off same part of a cable clamp bullet case one needle valve set best guess on the rest

Old Fairground What's Its 13 Sep 2013 13:51 #877

• Coin Magnet
  • Administrator
JERRY8061 wrote:
I would guess Not a walking Cain its the door handle of model A or model T car thermostat off same part of a cable clamp bullet case one needle valve set best guess on the rest

Jerry,

I think you nailed it! In the past I would have tossed this stuff. No more! The door handle and thermostat are probably worth more than most of the coins I found there! :blink: :silly: :woohoo:

I found a thermostat on ebay that looks a lot like this one and some of the model T door handles do look like the "cane" handle as well.

Thanks for your input!

Old Fairground What's Its 26 Mar 2016 15:50 #1455

• Au Ranger
CM.....The "Walking Cane" may not be a door handle to a Model T or A....I found something similar a while back and I was told that it was the "Governor" to a Model T or A. Not 100 percent sure but think that the "governor" is a crude version of the hand brake!