Home   Articles   Links   Messages   Chat   Forums   Coin Shop   Detector Shop   Coin Prices   Clubs   University   Image Gallery   Classified Ads

Recent finds made by Coinhunting.Net Members!

Support Our Sponsors

Click Here For eBay! Belgium Ireland Netherlands Spain United Kingdom France Australia Italy Canada United States Of America      We're On Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! We are on MySpace! Add to My Yahoo!

We Have Started Our Move To The New Forum - Click HERE To Register At The NEW Coinhunting.Net!

(check your spam email folder for the confirmation email)

LINK TO NEW FORUM

Home arrow Set Your Home Page
Coinhunting.Net Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Haven't Found One Of These For A While!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Haven't Found One Of These For A While!
Coin Magnet (Admin)
Keep Your Coil To The Soil
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Coinhunting.Net coinmagnet coinmagnet Location: Indiana
Haven't Found One Of These For A While! 2 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 72  
Jr, his buddy and I went out this evening for a little while to the old fairground field near where we live that has been hunted for a long time by Jr and myself as well as a few others.

It was a beautiful evening for detecting! I wish every day we wanted to hunt was like this one. 75 degrees, light wind, the field was nice and fairly smooth with small clods. The corn was about an inch or two tall but the farmer gave us permission to detect anyway as long as we didn't walk on the corn which I promised him that we would not do.

This field has also produced several arrowheads over the year so I thought we might be able to find a couple after several fairly good downpours in the last few days.

The first good hit I had read 14-33 and bounced around a little on the FE side on the e-Trac. Jr listened to it and thought it was going to be a half dime. Turned out to be a beat to death 1864 large date two cent piece! Tough to tell but if you hold the coin just right you can see the 4 at the end of the date and the D at the end of GOD in the motto. I think it was sitting on edge.

The next good hit was a 12-09 that turned out to be a toasted Shield Nickel.

Before and in between the coins I did find a pew pieces of lead buckshot and eventually a small full lead bullet. There's not much left to find here so any good hit gets dug.

Then it started to get dark and the "super moon" came up so we decided to head back towards the van. I told Jr and his buddy that there should be some old coins in the turn 4 area of the track but I had never found any there. Turn 4 was on the way back to the van so I walked around it and hunted on the way back.

After a couple of trash hits I get a nice loud 12-38 hit. That usually means seated dime (in a field) or wheat penny (at a park). This one was only about an inch deep but for some reason was TOUGH to pinpoint! I dug down and the probe had no trouble finding it. Turns out it was the nice seated half dime! First one I have found since 2009!

We left right after that but think we will go back first thing in the morning to see if we can find her big sister

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Coin Magnet (Admin)
graph
Re:Haven't Found One Of These For A While! 2 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 72  
Went back to the spot where I found the half dime and hunted another hour and a half this morning (5/6/12) and found nothing! Should be more there...not giving up yet!

Logged Logged  
DaveMN (User)
Gold Member
graphgraph
Re:Haven't Found One Of These For A While! 2 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 9  
Great finds !

I need to get a seated coin in the books. Hoping it will be this year.

Logged Logged  

Minelab Explorer SE Pro w/11" coil
Sunray X-5 and X-8 coils, 10X12 SEF
Sunray X-1 Probe
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5X11 and 5X8 coils
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Patrick (User)
Platinum Member
graphgraph
Re:Haven't Found One Of These For A While! 2 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 22  
Nice trio of oldies! Congrats on the half dime! Love those old fairground fields!

Logged Logged  

2012 Totals
Silver YTD = 108
Indians YTD = 103
Wheaties YTD = 529
Coin Magnet (Admin)
graph
Re:Haven't Found One Of These For A While! 2 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 72  
Here is the field.........

Logged Logged  
rottonr (User)
Platinum Member
graphgraph
Re:Haven't Found One Of These For A While! 2 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 37  
Sweet finds CM, that 1/2 dime is great. Toasted feild coins are sure bitter sweet, except silver, silver is always great.

Logged Logged  

Minelab E-trac, 12X15 S.E.F. coil, sunray inline probe.

YTD silver coins 38
YTD Indians cents 59
YTD wheat pennies 262
YTD Liberty Nickels 6
YTD Buffalo Nickels 2
YTD Sheild Nickels 0
Hours Hunted 159

I could go down town and buy a Mercury dime for a dollar (Now it's 4 dollars)and it would not mean much to me, but when I find one metal detecting I am thrilled
Go to top

Coinhunting.Net - Website for coin hunters

Support Coinhunting.Net - Click Here For eBay!