Home   Articles   Links   Messages   Chat   Forums   Coin Shop   Detector Shop   Coin Prices   Clubs   University   Image Gallery   Classified Ads

Recent finds made by Coinhunting.Net Members!

Support Our Sponsors

Click Here For eBay! Belgium Ireland Netherlands Spain United Kingdom France Australia Italy Canada United States Of America      We're On Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! We are on MySpace! Add to My Yahoo!

We Have Started Our Move To The New Forum - Click HERE To Register At The NEW Coinhunting.Net!

(check your spam email folder for the confirmation email)

LINK TO NEW FORUM

Home arrow Set Your Home Page
Coinhunting.Net Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Another 1914-D Wheatie!!!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Another 1914-D Wheatie!!!
Patrick (User)
Platinum Member
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Another 1914-D Wheatie!!! 2 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 22  
Was able to get out for a few hours on Saturday morning. I decided to go back to the spot where I found the nice condition 1879 Indian, the bar token, and another one of my Indians from last weekend. The area is super, super trashy but the older coins were not extremely deep. I thought the place would be good spot to try my Sunray X-5 small coil. I have not used it that much.

The grass was much longer than last weekend with all the rain we got but there were enough spots where it was manageable to hunt. Early in the hunt I got a bouncy signal but it was repeatable enough to dig and was about 4 inches deep. First target out of hole was a nail, followed by a piece of led and then a pull tab. 4th target was a coin and I saw it was a wheatie from the back. Flipped it over and I saw the 1914 date and a mint mark and had to do a double take to make sure I was seeing a "D" instead of an "S".

Kept hunting for another two hours and found 3 indians (1891, 1894 and 1898) and about 6 more wheaties but no silver. The X-5 performed great. Deepest wheatie I got with it was two in the same hole at 7 inches.

I found a 1914-D earlier this year at this same park but it was very corroded. This one is much cleaner and the only cleaning to it was I washed it off with soap and water. There is still some dirt deposits on it but I have not tried to carefully clean it any more.

Pictures below. My picture of the back did not come out well. The condition is as good as the front.

Logged Logged  

2012 Totals
Silver YTD = 108
Indians YTD = 103
Wheaties YTD = 529
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Coin Magnet (Admin)
Keep Your Coil To The Soil
graph
Gender: Male Coinhunting.Net coinmagnet coinmagnet Location: Indiana
Re:Another 1914-D Wheatie!!! 2 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 72  
What a GREAT find!!! CONGRATULATIONS PATRICK!!

It's amazingly rare to find a 14D penny and TWO from the SAME PARK is unheard of! Congrats on setting a new WORLD RECORD!!

Logged Logged  
Silversurfer (User)
Platinum Member
graphgraph
Re:Another 1914-D Wheatie!!! 2 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 24  
Wow x 100 . Fantastic find Pat. What can I say ,but keep doing want you are doing!

Logged Logged  
rottonr (User)
Platinum Member
graphgraph
Re:Another 1914-D Wheatie!!! 2 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 37  
Awsome Patrick, but I am starting to hate you . JK Can't wait to hunt with you again. (2 1914D is killer dude!!!)

Logged Logged  

Minelab E-trac, 12X15 S.E.F. coil, sunray inline probe.

YTD silver coins 38
YTD Indians cents 59
YTD wheat pennies 262
YTD Liberty Nickels 6
YTD Buffalo Nickels 2
YTD Sheild Nickels 0
Hours Hunted 159

I could go down town and buy a Mercury dime for a dollar (Now it's 4 dollars)and it would not mean much to me, but when I find one metal detecting I am thrilled
Andy (Moderator)
graphgraph
Re:Another 1914-D Wheatie!!! 2 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 20  
Patrick, two 1914-D's in the same park......I'd be buying a lottery ticket with your luck.
Congratulations Patrick!

Logged Logged  

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish,
but you can only spend it once.
Go to top

Coinhunting.Net - Website for coin hunters

Support Coinhunting.Net - Click Here For eBay!