Home   Articles   Links   Messages   Chat   Forums   Coin Shop   Detector Shop   Coin Prices   Clubs   University   Image Gallery   Classified Ads

Recent finds made by Coinhunting.Net Members!

Support Our Sponsors

Click Here For eBay! Belgium Ireland Netherlands Spain United Kingdom France Australia Italy Canada United States Of America      We're On Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! We are on MySpace! Add to My Yahoo!

We Have Started Our Move To The New Forum - Click HERE To Register At The NEW Coinhunting.Net!

(check your spam email folder for the confirmation email)

LINK TO NEW FORUM

Home arrow Set Your Home Page
Coinhunting.Net Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Still Hot & Dry in Kentucky
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Still Hot & Dry in Kentucky
KYDetectorman (User)
Platinum Member
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Still Hot & Dry in Kentucky 1 Year, 8 Months ago Karma: 17  
A friend and I got out late Monday evening with not success. The ground was so dry it was impossible to cut a plug that would stay together even though we have had a couple of nice rains recently. Yesterday, I was at my property in Butler County to do a little mowing and cleaning up and saw something that looked like a coin on the ground. It turned out to be a 1954 Jefferson nickel laying on top of the ground in a bare spot. So if there is an occational 1954 Nickel laying around, I have hopes that there are some pre-1964 Dimes and Quarters. Next time, I take my detector with me.

Logged Logged  

Troy Shadow X2 / Gray Ghost Headphones / 40 in. Lesche Digger / Hori-Hori Digger / Got old had to quit the Explorer but I still like to swing the coil
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Coin Magnet (Admin)
Keep Your Coil To The Soil
graph
Gender: Male Coinhunting.Net coinmagnet coinmagnet Location: Indiana
Re:Still Hot & Dry in Kentucky 1 Year, 8 Months ago Karma: 72  
I get reminded every time I don't take the detector with me of how I should have. Never leave home without it!

Do you have any old lake beds or rivers that would have exposed good places to hunt with the drought?

I remember back in 1976 when it was really dry in Illinois and the local lagoon in the park dried up. We went out there and found all kinds of goodies including a barber half, a bunch of Indians and a few barber dimes with our OLD detectors.

Logged Logged  
KYDetectorman (User)
Platinum Member
graphgraph
Re:Still Hot & Dry in Kentucky 1 Year, 8 Months ago Karma: 17  
I had that same experience. I don't want to get into what we found or where we found it publically we we had good finds. I think the regulations have changed since those days and I don't want to give the idea that we may have done something wrong. Just suffice it to say we had a good time.

Sadly, as far as I know we do not have any think like that near us. I was thinking about checking out the approaches to some old ferry crossings on Green River. There is a series of locks and dams there now which did not exist a hundred years ago so the water is much deeper and there is a little more exposed due to lower water in the river.

Logged Logged  

Troy Shadow X2 / Gray Ghost Headphones / 40 in. Lesche Digger / Hori-Hori Digger / Got old had to quit the Explorer but I still like to swing the coil
KYDetectorman (User)
Platinum Member
graphgraph
Re:Still Hot & Dry in Kentucky 1 Year, 8 Months ago Karma: 17  
I think it rained everywhere but here today. Storms all around us. Maybe some will come here in the next few days. I got a Doctor's appointment tomorrow. After that maybe I will just go out digging. I will have a desperate need to find gold and silver after he finishes with me.

Logged Logged  

rottonr (User)
Platinum Member
graphgraph
Re:Still Hot & Dry in Kentucky 1 Year, 8 Months ago Karma: 37  
We got 2 inches a week ago and a 1/2 inch rain early this week. Went out for about an hour last night and the digging was perfect. Only got 4 pennies.

Logged Logged  

Minelab E-trac, 12X15 S.E.F. coil, sunray inline probe.

YTD silver coins 38
YTD Indians cents 59
YTD wheat pennies 262
YTD Liberty Nickels 6
YTD Buffalo Nickels 2
YTD Sheild Nickels 0
Hours Hunted 159

I could go down town and buy a Mercury dime for a dollar (Now it's 4 dollars)and it would not mean much to me, but when I find one metal detecting I am thrilled
Go to top

Coinhunting.Net - Website for coin hunters

Support Coinhunting.Net - Click Here For eBay!