Home   Articles   Links   Messages   Chat   Forums   Coin Shop   Detector Shop   Coin Prices   Clubs   University   Image Gallery   Classified Ads

Recent finds made by Coinhunting.Net Members!

Support Our Sponsors

Click Here For eBay! Belgium Ireland Netherlands Spain United Kingdom France Australia Italy Canada United States Of America      We're On Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! We are on MySpace! Add to My Yahoo!

We Have Started Our Move To The New Forum - Click HERE To Register At The NEW Coinhunting.Net!

(check your spam email folder for the confirmation email)

LINK TO NEW FORUM

Home arrow Set Your Home Page
Coinhunting.Net Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Chicago Park Yields Seated Surprises 8/12/12
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Chicago Park Yields Seated Surprises 8/12/12
Patrick (User)
Platinum Member
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Chicago Park Yields Seated Surprises 8/12/12 2 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 22  
Have not been out much the past 2 months. When I have gone hunting I have been going to my usual places that have only been producing a few indians and rarely any silver any more.

Decided it was time to find a new spot. I set my sights on one of the other large Chicago parks that I have only ever hunted once before a few years ago. Went to it last week for about 3 hours. Managed an Indian and several wheaties. Went back yesterday on Saturday for 4 hours and squeaked out another Indian and 11 wheaties.

Its an old park and I figured that there had to be silver there some where. I decided to give it one more try. Went to some different spots at it today for about 4.5 hours and my luck changed for the better.

My very first signal I dug of the morning sounded like a wheatie at about 5 inches. Removed the plug and some dirt and I spoted a 32 caliber bullet. Scanned the dirt again with my pin pointer and saw a silver disk. It looked almost smooth and to be honest I did not recognize it as a silver dime at first until i picked it up and saw the outline of lady liberty sitting! Its almost completely worn slick but I can make out the date of 1845 on it.

About an hour later I got a nice bouncy high tone at about 7 inches that I thought was going to be silver. Was surprised to see it also was seated, an 1883.

Totals for the day were 2 seated dimes (1845 and 1883), 1917S Merc, 1951 Rosie, 2 Indians (1886 and 1901) and 14 wheaties. Unfortunately I couldn't manage a barber to complete the grand slam but I am happy I did not give up on this park. I look forward to hunting it when the ground is not so dry

Logged Logged  

2012 Totals
Silver YTD = 108
Indians YTD = 103
Wheaties YTD = 529
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Pat (User)
graphgraph
Re:Chicago Park Yields Seated Surprises 8/12/12 2 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2  
Nice finds congrats!

Logged Logged  
Pat (User)
graphgraph
Re:Chicago Park Yields Seated Surprises 8/12/12 2 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2  
Nice finds congrats!

Logged Logged  
Coin Magnet (Admin)
Keep Your Coil To The Soil
graph
Gender: Male Coinhunting.Net coinmagnet coinmagnet Location: Indiana
Re:Chicago Park Yields Seated Surprises 8/12/12 2 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 72  
Incredible! Seated coins are TOUGH to find in Chicago and you found TWO in ONE day!

AND you got a really OLD one. I would love to see a list of everything that dime purchased in it's lifetime and another list of who had it in their pocket at one time.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Logged Logged  
KYDetectorman (User)
Platinum Member
graphgraph
Re:Chicago Park Yields Seated Surprises 8/12/12 2 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 17  
Those are very nice finds. I got out today but found nothing but aluminum chards. The ground is like powdered cocoa. And where I was hunting today had a lot of dried Bermuda Grass that was very tough.

Logged Logged  

Troy Shadow X2 / Gray Ghost Headphones / 40 in. Lesche Digger / Hori-Hori Digger / Got old had to quit the Explorer but I still like to swing the coil
rottonr (User)
Platinum Member
graphgraph
Re:Chicago Park Yields Seated Surprises 8/12/12 2 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 37  
Wow Pat what great finds!!!! 2 seated in one hunt!!! . It's been so some for seated for me I foregot what the heck they look like, thanks for showing them..

Logged Logged  

Minelab E-trac, 12X15 S.E.F. coil, sunray inline probe.

YTD silver coins 38
YTD Indians cents 59
YTD wheat pennies 262
YTD Liberty Nickels 6
YTD Buffalo Nickels 2
YTD Sheild Nickels 0
Hours Hunted 159

I could go down town and buy a Mercury dime for a dollar (Now it's 4 dollars)and it would not mean much to me, but when I find one metal detecting I am thrilled
Gruenwald (User)
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: LaSalle Illinois Birthdate: 1964-09-28
Re:Chicago Park Yields Seated Surprises 8/12/12 2 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0  
cool finds

Logged Logged  
Go to top

Coinhunting.Net - Website for coin hunters

Support Coinhunting.Net - Click Here For eBay!