Home   Articles   Links   Messages   Chat   Forums   Coin Shop   Detector Shop   Coin Prices   Clubs   University   Image Gallery   Classified Ads

Recent finds made by Coinhunting.Net Members!

Support Our Sponsors

Click Here For eBay! Belgium Ireland Netherlands Spain United Kingdom France Australia Italy Canada United States Of America      We're On Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! We are on MySpace! Add to My Yahoo!

We Have Started Our Move To The New Forum - Click HERE To Register At The NEW Coinhunting.Net!

(check your spam email folder for the confirmation email)

LINK TO NEW FORUM

Home arrow Set Your Home Page
Coinhunting.Net Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Crazy Box! 2000+ Wheat Pennies in a $25 Penny Box (CRH)
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Crazy Box! 2000+ Wheat Pennies in a $25 Penny Box (CRH)
CanadaCoinHunting (User)
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Crazy Box! 2000+ Wheat Pennies in a $25 Penny Box (CRH) 2 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1  
Hey guys, I know this isn't finds I metal detected, but just wanted to share with you this amazing box of pennies I picked up to coin roll hunt through. I have been CRH'ing for two years and this is the first time I have ever found anything like this. In the $25 box of pennies (Canadian currency as I'm in Canada), I found what appears to be 2000+ wheat pennies from various dates! Some even go back to the teens! I am still in shock and surprised. I put coin roll hunting videos up and have been doing so for quite a while and just added this amazing box to YouTube. Words can't possibly do this justice so I am sharing the link here if you want to see the finds from my first five rolls and the rest of the box! I'll post more videos as I continue to hunt through the rest. Thanks guys, let me know if anyone else has ever found or heard of such a high number of wheats in a box before .

Logged Logged  

Videos of all my coin roll hunting finds can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/user/CanadaCoinHunting
Check out my blog: http://www.canadacoinhunting.blogspot.com
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Pat (User)
graphgraph
Re:Crazy Box! 2000+ Wheat Pennies in a $25 Penny Box (CRH) 2 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 2  
WOW THAT IS AMAZING . GOOD FIND !

Logged Logged  
jamesbibb (User)
KEEP ON SWINGIN
Platinum Member
graphgraph
Re:Crazy Box! 2000+ Wheat Pennies in a $25 Penny Box (CRH) 2 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 26  
I used to pick through a box every day at lunch at my old job lol.
Best i did was 278 from a box with 4 1909 vdb. You got the mother load for sure thats cool.
roll them up and sell them for 5 bucks a roll= 200.00
Pretty good investment!

Logged Logged  

Machines: Whites DFX & DFX300 & White's Pulse Scan TDI & Garrett AT PRO
Coils: DFX: Eclipse 6 X 10 dd, SEF 15 x 12, 13" Ultimate, 10" D2 dd, 5" Excellerator. TDI: 12" Dual Field, 14" Razorback Mono, 8.5x11 Razorback Mono. AT PRO 8x11 dd
PInpoint: Sunray Inline probe DX-1, Garrett Propointer,
Phones: Zagg ear buds, Grey Ghost Ultimates,
Diggers: Predator dixie ball handle shovel, Predator Raven, Lesche blade digger
Outlook: Dig Everything, Gold coins come in many sizes

Born and raised CSA!

Great, Great, Great, Great Grandfather John Taliaferro Stevens.
Enlisted May 1st, 1862 with Co.B/E 51st VA Infantry.
Taken Prisoner at princeton WV May 16th 1862, found shot in the back "like a bushwacker" May 17th 1862.

Great, Great, Great, Great Uncle John James Loving Stevens.
Enlisted Feb. 10th 1863 with Co. B, 8th Va Calvary.
Coin Magnet (Admin)
Keep Your Coil To The Soil
graph
Gender: Male Coinhunting.Net coinmagnet coinmagnet Location: Indiana
Re:Crazy Box! 2000+ Wheat Pennies in a $25 Penny Box (CRH) 2 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 72  
Awesome find!! That happened to me ONCE. Back in 1974 at the place I worked a couple of the guys would go to the bank on Friday and get rolls of coins to sort though. One day they brought back a bunch of penny rolls that had dates written on the outside of the rolls. Of course those rolls were solid wheaties. I didn't find out about it until it was time to go back to work so I called my Dad and had him go to the bank and get $50 worth of pennies. Sure enough almost all of the rolls he got had dates written on the outside. By the time I got off work he had sorted through a bunch of them and found two Indian head pennies along with all of the wheats! We figured someone had turned in a coin collection. Never thought at the time to get nickels dimes quarters and halves or even ask if they turned in silver dollars.

Logged Logged  
Gruenwald (User)
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: LaSalle Illinois Birthdate: 1964-09-28
Re:Crazy Box! 2000+ Wheat Pennies in a $25 Penny Box (CRH) 2 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0  
Sweet,I might have to get back into coin roll hunting again.

Logged Logged  
CanadaCoinHunting (User)
graphgraph
Re:Crazy Box! 2000+ Wheat Pennies in a $25 Penny Box (CRH) 2 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1  
Thanks guys . Nice to hear about your own finds to! So far been through about five of the rolls still and have had quite a few nice finds already. Some wheats even date back to the 1910's. Will update more when I get through the rest, will let you know if there are any key dates! Thanks again.

Logged Logged  

Videos of all my coin roll hunting finds can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/user/CanadaCoinHunting
Check out my blog: http://www.canadacoinhunting.blogspot.com
Go to top

Coinhunting.Net - Website for coin hunters

Support Coinhunting.Net - Click Here For eBay!