Home   Articles   Links   Messages   Chat   Forums   Coin Shop   Detector Shop   Coin Prices   Clubs   University   Image Gallery   Classified Ads

Recent finds made by Coinhunting.Net Members!

Support Our Sponsors

Click Here For eBay! Belgium Ireland Netherlands Spain United Kingdom France Australia Italy Canada United States Of America      We're On Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! We are on MySpace! Add to My Yahoo!

We Have Started Our Move To The New Forum - Click HERE To Register At The NEW Coinhunting.Net!

(check your spam email folder for the confirmation email)

LINK TO NEW FORUM

Home arrow Set Your Home Page
Coinhunting.Net Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Coin With Character
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Coin With Character
Coin Magnet (Admin)
Keep Your Coil To The Soil
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Coinhunting.Net coinmagnet coinmagnet Location: Indiana
Coin With Character 2 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 72  
Jr and I got out to hunt finally yesterday evening at the local park after a literately long dry spell.

I was hunting in areas where I thought I might find a few deep iffy signals with the e-Trac where have had luck in the past.

The first good deep hit I got turned out to be a piece of copper wire about a foot long. It was about 10 inches down and sounded good but the pinpoint was funky. I thought it could be a long target, but that might have been a roll of coins, so I thought I'd better dig it

The next hit was fairly strong and pinpointed about 4-5 inches down and read like it might be a quarter or a half. The first plug turn up nothing and no pinpoint in the hole but when I went over it again with the large coil it said it was still there.

The second dig went down another 3-4 inches and the same thing happened again. By now I'm thinking it might be a silver dollar!

Finally down at least 14 inches and MAYBE 18 inches out comes a piece of trash about the size of a silver dollar It looked like a long piece of banding material that had been folded up. Not sure what the heck it was but I know it wasn't silver.

The next deep hit I was sure was going to be a wheatie about 7 inches down. Turned out to be a piece of #10 copper wire about the length of a penny.

Then I found 4 clad quarters on top of the ground and moved to an area where we dug barbers in the past.

Pretty soon I get a broken up iffy nice hit that repeated and dug down at least 8 inches and found this nice 1916 S penny that has a little character.

By that time Jr was ready to go home so we left. I'll have to go back to that spot soon and see if there are more like this one only silver!

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Jyverb64 (User)
graphgraph
Re:Coin With Character 2 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2  
Nice wheat, we have finally got some rain and cooler temps so I'm going out this weekend.

Logged Logged  
DaveMN (User)
Gold Member
graphgraph
Re:Coin With Character 2 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 9  
Nice old one .. congrats !

Logged Logged  

Minelab Explorer SE Pro w/11" coil
Sunray X-5 and X-8 coils, 10X12 SEF
Sunray X-1 Probe
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5X11 and 5X8 coils
Garrett Pro-Pointer
KYDetectorman (User)
Platinum Member
graphgraph
Re:Coin With Character 2 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 17  
Nice old coin. I was gonna acsuse you of scratching it but I know better.

Logged Logged  

Troy Shadow X2 / Gray Ghost Headphones / 40 in. Lesche Digger / Hori-Hori Digger / Got old had to quit the Explorer but I still like to swing the coil
rottonr (User)
Platinum Member
graphgraph
Re:Coin With Character 2 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 37  
An old Wheat not corroded, Great find!!

Logged Logged  

Minelab E-trac, 12X15 S.E.F. coil, sunray inline probe.

YTD silver coins 38
YTD Indians cents 59
YTD wheat pennies 262
YTD Liberty Nickels 6
YTD Buffalo Nickels 2
YTD Sheild Nickels 0
Hours Hunted 159

I could go down town and buy a Mercury dime for a dollar (Now it's 4 dollars)and it would not mean much to me, but when I find one metal detecting I am thrilled
Go to top

Coinhunting.Net - Website for coin hunters

Support Coinhunting.Net - Click Here For eBay!